Did you know there’s a ton of chemicals in commercial baby wash and baby shampoos. “Natural” products are not much better and the organic ones can cost a small fortune. As a new mom, I was warned by nurses in the hospital about the chemicals in common baby products.
I knew there had to be a better way and with a little homework, I created this recipe and our girl LOVES it! Plus it’s super easy and cheap to make!
What you will need:
- 1/4 cup Liquid Castile Soap (non-toxic & non-irritating)
- 1/2 tbsp Vegetable Glycerin (natural moisturizer)
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, or Almond Oil – (natural moisturizer) – We’re using coconut oil.
- 1 tsp Aloe Vera Juice – (moisturizes & soothe skin)
- 5 – 7 drops of Essential Oils – (natural, non-toxic fragrance & soothes skin)
- distilled or filtered water
- 1 soap dispenser – We use 6.75 fl oz foaming soap dispensers (old Bath & Body Works hand soap bottles, but any soap dispenser will do!
- In a 6.75 to 8 fl oz pump bottle add castile soap, vegetable glycerin, oil (almond, coconut or avocado), essential oils and aloe vera juice.
- Top with distilled or filtered water.
- Replace lid securely and shake vigorously for a few seconds.
- Use as needed.
To print your own adorable label like the one up top, click here!